Measures regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Program Chairs and the Steering Committee of RV are closely following the situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will take appropriate measures if and when needed, following the recommendations of relevant national and international bodies, such as the World Health Organization. These measures will be adapted to the actual situation and may for example include the possibility of remote paper presentations.
Runtime verification is concerned with the monitoring and analysis of the runtime behaviour of software and hardware systems. Runtime verification techniques are crucial for system correctness, reliability, and robustness; they provide an additional level of rigor and effectiveness compared to conventional testing, and are generally more practical than exhaustive formal verification. Runtime verification can be used prior to deployment, for testing, verification, and debugging purposes, and after deployment for ensuring reliability, safety, and security and for providing fault containment and recovery as well as online system repair.
Topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- specification languages for monitoring
- monitor construction techniques
- program instrumentation
- logging, recording, and replay
- combination of static and dynamic analysis
- specification mining and machine learning over runtime traces
- monitoring techniques for concurrent and distributed systems
- runtime checking of privacy and security policies
- metrics and statistical information gathering
- program/system execution visualization
- fault localization, containment, recovery and repair
- dynamic type checking
Application areas of runtime verification include cyber-physical systems, safety/mission critical systems, enterprise and systems software, cloud systems, autonomous and reactive control systems, health management and diagnosis systems, and system security and privacy.
Abstract submission: May 18, 2020
Paper submission: May 25, 2020
Author notification: July 24, 2020
Camera-ready version: August 7, 2020
Conference: October 6-9, 2020