Measures regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Program Chairs and the Steering Committee of RV are closely following the situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will take appropriate measures, following the recommendations of relevant national and international bodies, such as the World Health Organization, and complying with local and international rules on travel restrictions. The conference will be either held physically or virtually, depending on these recommendations. Regardless of the final decision, the virtual presentation will be offered as option.
Runtime verification is concerned with the monitoring and analysis of the runtime behaviour of software and hardware systems. Runtime verification techniques are crucial for system correctness, reliability, and robustness; they provide an additional level of rigor and effectiveness compared to conventional testing, and are generally more practical than exhaustive formal verification. Runtime verification can be used prior to deployment, for testing, verification, and debugging purposes, and after deployment for ensuring reliability, safety, and security and for providing fault containment and recovery as well as online system repair.
Topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- specification languages for monitoring
- monitor construction techniques
- program instrumentation
- logging, recording, and replay
- combination of static and dynamic analysis
- specification mining and machine learning over runtime traces
- monitoring techniques for concurrent and distributed systems
- runtime checking of privacy and security policies
- metrics and statistical information gathering
- program/system execution visualization
- fault localization, containment, recovery and repair
- dynamic type checking
Application areas of runtime verification include cyber-physical systems, safety/mission critical systems, enterprise and systems software, cloud systems, autonomous and reactive control systems, health management and diagnosis systems, and system security and privacy.
May 18, June 8, 2020
May 25, June 15, 2020
Author notification: July 24, 2020
Camera-ready version: August 7, 2020
Conference: October 6-9, 2020